Re: Problem with modules_install

Hi,

	I see. If you are using make modules_install, you are not
 using make-kpkg. In that case, my suggestion to you is: use make-kpkg
 from kernel-package; it really takes care of these details for
 you. You never run make modules_install.

	manoj

 graeve> On 12 Jul 1998 06:38:33 +0200, srivasta@datasync.com (Manoj
 graeve> Srivastava) wrote:

>>>"graeve" == graeve  <graeve@cistron.nl> writes:

 graeve> Even with make-kpkg the modules don't end up in the right place.

 >> Could you elaborate? Where do the modules end up? Where should
 >> they be ending up? Would it be possible to access the .deb files
 >> produced? Have you filed a bug report?

 graeve> I don't think it's some kind of bug.  There must be something
 graeve> I'm doing wrong because it doesn't matter what version of
 graeve> Debian I'm using, the module copying allways goes wrong.  The
 graeve> modules end up nowhere, they just stay where they are created
 graeve> and with the make modules_install I just see cp file.o no
 graeve> such file or directory.

--
 One basic notion underlying Usenet is that it is a cooperative.
 Having been on USENET for going on ten years, I disagree with