Re: can't set quotas bigger than about 3.8GB

In article <[🔎] 199807132211.TAA02833@hoggar.fisica.ufpr.br>,
Carlos Carvalho <carlos@fisica.ufpr.br> wrote:
>I've got a filesystem of about 13GB, on a raid5 array. I'm trying to
>set a quota of about 6GB for a user, but edquota produces "random"
>values. When I use repquota or enter edquota again the values are much
>lower!
>
>Is the quota system limited at 4GB?? What am I doing wrong?

I think so. Remember, 4GB == the maximum of what fits into 32 bits.
It would probably work fine on an Alpha (64 bits).

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.