Re: Irritating ^H and double characters in documentation

    Johann> Hallo,

    Johann> Several documentation files on the 1.3.1 distribution
    Johann> contains text like this from the Afterstep FAQ:
    Johann> ----------------------------------------------- 11..
[snip]
    Johann> ---------------------------------------------------

    Johann> I was trying to read this file with emacs in X11.

Those are files that are using troff-like backspace+character
sequences to simulate bold and underline.  You can probably view those
properly through less and more.  However,

1- To view it with emacs, use M-x Man-fontify-manpage (you may have to
view a manual page first to load the function, but I'm not sure)

2- Filter the file through `col -b'.

--
Benoit Goudreault-Emond -- Reply to: bgoudem@axess.com
CoFounder, KMS Group.  Student, B. CompEng, Concordia University.