Re: SOLUTION? how to hold mail in another machine temporarily

On Mon, 29 Jun 98 21:53:07 +0200, Carlos Carvalho wrote:

>Sure this is necessary, but I don't think it's enough. First, the temp
>machine must recognize all users, otherwise it'll bounce the message.
>Second, I'd like it to not only queue the mail but *dump it on the
>main one when it comes up*. If I just put the MX record, the secondary
>will hold the mail in IT'S /var/spool/mail, and users will not
>automatically get it.

>I found a solution: For every user, put a forward in /etc/aliases
>pointing directly to the main server (argh...). This works, but it's
>ugly. Is there a better way (using sendmail or other MTA)?

    Uhm, secondary MX machines should hold the mail for the main *machine*
and not worry at all about the validity of users.  Also, when the main
machine comes back up it can force a dump from the secondary machines with
the ETRN command.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my