Re: Upgrade problems

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Tod Detre wrote:

> Ok I upgraded to Hamm, but now dselevt is unhappy. It's probubly my config
> error but I don't know what. When ever I try to install stuff it wants to
> upgrade alot of stuff (expected it wants to put newer versions on.) but
> when it trys to get the file it can't find them. I ftped myself to
> ftp.debian.org and found the files where dselect was supposedly looking
> for them.
>
> I'm using  ftp.debian.org
> directory /debian/hamm
> dists main non-free contrub

Try:

Site: ftp.debian.org (or whatever mirror you prefer)

directory: /debian

distributions: dists/frozen/main dists/frozen/non-free dists/frozen/contrib

This works consistently.  You might want to try apt
(http://www.debian.org/~jgg/apt_0.0.17-1_i386.deb), which adds another
method to dselect as well as providing a command line method.

Bob

----