Re: libc6 upgrade crash my machine!!!!!

fealvar@ctc.cl writes:

> After running dselect and trying to upgrade all my old hamm packages
> including libc6, nothing works now it seems the libc6 package is corrupted
> or something, i've tried to mount the file system and run dpkg -i
> --root=/mnt --admindir=/mnt/var/lib.... libc6xxx.deb but it complains
> about preinstall and postinstall scripts ( -- not found --).
>

> Please Help

There was very recently a libc6 package (2.0.7r-3) that died if you had an
/etc/ld.so.preload file or the environment variable LD_PRELOAD set.

I'd recommend temporarily moving that file (after mounting your drive
with the rescue disk as above) if it exists and commenting out any
definitions of LD_PRELOAD in /etc/profile or similar files.

You should then be able to boot your system and upgrade to the latest
(-5) libc6 that fixes these problems. (This should be on the ftp
mirrors now; though I can't get through to ftp.debian.org at the
moment, I can see it on non-us.debian.org, so it's probably on all the
major ftp mirrors) You can then move /etc/ld.so.preload back and
re-enable any LD_PRELOAD settings.