Re: PHP3 and PGSQL

On Wed, 08 Jul 1998, Adam Heczko wrote:
>Hi everybody !
>
>I've got problem running my *.php3 files, in which I use PostgreSQL as a
>database server. Generally pg_connect("localhost", "", "", "",
>"dbname"); function generates following error message :
>Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function pg_connect() in
>/var/www/my_file.php3 on line 15

I run a " $conn = pg_connect("", "", "", "", "dbname"); " for my system, but
yours also should be correct.

>My system configuration is :
>

>// from dpkg -l :
>
>ii  apache          1.3.0-2        Versatile, high-performance HTTP
>server
>ii  php3            3.0-2          A server-side, HTML-embedded
>scripting langu
>ii  php3-doc        3.0-2          Documentation for PHP3
>ii  php3-pgsql      3.0-2          PostgreSQL module for PHP3
>ii  postgresql      6.3.2-8        Object-relational SQL database,
>descended fr

Can't help you with the above, I compiled my own php3(with support for postgres)
into a single module manually and then compiled _that_ into my 1.2.4 apache
server.

If no one else on the list manages to hit you with an "aha!" answer, I'd
recommend downloading the source for php3 and compiling it by hand.

If you end up going that route and have problems, drop me a line and I'll help
whenever possible.

Mark