Re: autoup.sh + deselect broke emacs

"Young, Ed" <Ed.Young@echostar.com> writes:

> Thanx for the fast replies.
>
> I'd like to have two emacsen if possible or one that will fit the bill for
> both purposes. The machine I'm working on upgrading is going to be an
> experimental Amateur radio packet machine and is somewhat minimalist. (486
> dx66 w 8Megs, ~600Megs HD) I want to be able to run emacs from the console
> occasionaly and from X normaly. I've never used Xemacs but I doubt it will
> run from the console, but I've heard good things about it. Currently, X
> isn't working and until I get X working on this machine (a whole nother
> thread) I'd like to try it as long as it will coexist with GNU Emacs.
> Any comments or caveats or experiences here?

Both emacs and xemacs run fine on both the console and under X-windows.
Xemacs is somewhat spiffier under X, and comes with more packages pre-
installed than emacs.  All four of the emacsen packages can be installed
simultaneously, thanks to the hard work of several Debian developers.

HTH,

Norris

--
Norris Preyer			(541) 962-3310 (office)