Fw: REPOST: Diald routing (Help!)

I too have had difficulty with ppp and diald since upgrading.  With the
help of
"Linux The Complete Reference" I have edited my network and ppp scripts so
that pon
now connects and sets up my route correctly, and I can connect to the W95
machine
on my lan.  However, diald does not make a connection.  It dials, connects
for
about 30 seconds, then the line disconnects.

I too was wondering if pon could be called by diald, since pon does work.
Has anyone
done this successfully?

Thanks,
	Russ

Russell Cook, Engineering Branch
WSR-88D Operational Support Facility
(405)366-6520 x4237
russcook@icon.net, rcook@osf.noaa.gov

> From: Randy Edwards <redwards@ncia.net>
> To: Henrique Almeida <almeida@triang.com.br>
> Cc: Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: REPOST: Diald routing (Help!)
> Date: Wednesday, July 08, 1998 6:44 AM
>
> > > Diald is already dialing when it should but the routing table is not
> > > being updated.
>
>    I've had the same problem.  Somewhere (either a HOWTO or a Linux
Journal article) I