Re: Debian Package Manager "Worthless Junk"???

Debs:

<snip>

> Debian 1.3.1 is a year old.  Six months ago 2.0 was announced as "Near
> Completion", when it was nearer inception than completion.
>
> I'm not ragging on the Debian team, just saying lighten up on Red Hat
> a little.  We're all on the same side, eh?  They chose to risk leaping
> before looking, while Debian risked hesitating.  Was the latter more
> prudent?  Maybe.  Are my Debian 1.3.1 systems prehistoric?  Yes.  Is
> that bad?  Sometimes.

<snip>

Is *that* what happened to Red Hat? I've been running 4.2 for a while with
no problems, but have heard nothing but problems regarding 5.0 and 5.1. So
I ordered Debian with the idea that it would be more stable, etc. I
ordered 1.3.1 to get a feel for the distribution before I go for the
beta 2.0. (Still hasn't arrived yet; hello LSL?) I haven't been able to
figure out why RH went so wrong when they were doing so well. How can you
mismanage something like this?

Paul M. Foster