Re: dual boot?? win98???

On Tue, 07 Jul 1998, S K wrote:
>i'm trying to install debian linux, but not entirely ready to throw away
>my windows 98.  is it possible to use both on a single machine, perhaps
>through dual boot?  (if so, how?)  does win98's fat32 cause any trouble
>for this?

I'm using a dual boot win98/Linux system at home with no probs. I haven't yet
tried to access my Winblow's partitions from Linux because they're
God-only-knows-what-version of fat32.

When I'm in the mood I might reformat Win98 into fat16 partitions using a Dos
6.2 boot disk. For some reason Win98 refused to see anything above 500 megs on
my HD's unless I enabled its fdisk's "Large Disk Support"(translation: fat32),
despite having my drives set up in LBA mode.

If you're able, I'd recommend installing 98 onto some fat16 partitions, then
install Linux onto it's own seperate partitions.

Mark