Re: hmm... an idea

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998, Paul Miller wrote:

> I have 1 static IP and I'm thinking about getting an additional dynamic
> IP.  I'm not exactly sure on how DHCP works, but is there a way to have
> the my DNS server (on static IP) updated when the dynamic IP changes?
>
> THanks
> -Paul

If you are wanting the host assigned by DHCP to be reachable from the
internet, yeah, you will need something to update your zone file and
restart DNS. There are several DYNDNS packages around, sign up for the
systalk mailing list at ml.org and make an inquiry there.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?