Re: Driver bug? 56k USR doesn't transmit properly?

On Sun, Jul 05, 1998 at 04:42:28PM -0700, kaynjay@igalaxy.net wrote:
> In <87ogv3vrwq.fsf@hasler.dhh>, on 07/05/98
>    at 05:45 PM, john@dhh.gt.org said:
>
> >Do you really want to have spd_vhi set?
>
> It's a 56k modem which will run at 33.6 w/o the x2 connection.  According to
> everything I've read this (spd_vhi) is appropriate.  I noticed the 115200 in
> there as the baud base, but it was also run with spd_normal with no luck.

Based on information in messages on this list, "spd_vhi" is probably not
relevant (and generally not appropriate) unless you are using the modem
from an old program that can't specify speeds higher than 38400 for
faster hardware.  However, "pppd" can do so when specified in
"/etc/ppp/peers/provider", for example.

--
  jkern@klis.com   Jack Kern   Yarmouth, Nova Scotia   Debian GNU/Linux