Re: What's the state of gnome on debian ?

> Talking about enlightenment, can you enlighten me on a off-topic
> question?
>
> What does it mean something to be "GNOME compliant"?

"GNOME COMPLIANCE" in the window manager sense means that the window
manager and the various GNOME apps (mostly the panel) can set hints that
each other are able to understand.  For a better explanation read about
it on www.gnome.org.  I do not claim to know much more than that.  While
I do package enlightenment and I do talk to Raster fairly often I do not
care for or run GNOME.