Re: [Debian] Urgent: how to create Debian CD from non-debian UNIX system

Nico De Ranter <nico@sonycom.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> we have a local mirror of the debian distribution that we use
> to install our Debian PC's.  However next week we will have to
> install Debian on a PC which has no access to our network so
> we want to create a CD starting from the current mirror.
> unfortunately the mirror is located on a SUN and none of my
> Linux machines has enough harddisk to contain a CD.
>
> I tried installing the sources for debian-cd but they don't seem
> to contain any documentation. >-(
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nico

Well, it is also possible to use CD images that other people have
created (assuming that your SUN has good network connectivity and that
it has hard drive space to spare) - if you want to make a CD for
installing a bo (aka 1.3 or 1.3.1) Debian system you can get the
official CD image in any number of places - the www.debian.org site
should tell you where in detail.

If instead you want a CD that can create a hamm (aka 2.0, or at this
point really 2.0-beta, since officially "2.0" doesn't exist yet)
system, you can look at the webpage
http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/cd-images/ , where Phillip Hands
has put his 2.0-beta CD images (I'd suggest only using the 2.0beta1
images on that site, however).

I know this isn't exactly what you asked about, but it may be much
easier to go get someone else's CD image than trying to nudge the
debian-cd scripts into working on a SUN.

DANIEL MARTIN