Using 2.1.108 kernel

Hello all:

Yesterday I tried to get the 2.1.108 kernel up and running.
I did get it running however I hand one problem, may ethernet
card (3Com 3C905 vortex) stopped. I am currently running
Debian's latest released kernel 2.0.34 and all is find.

With the 2.1.108 kernel, ifconfig reports the NIC is up and running.
Additionally I can ping the network interface from the machine that
is running the 108 kernel, but I can't access anything on the
network. One note, the kernel seems to add a route and
the /etc/init.d/network file adds a route for that network interface.

Any ideas or thought on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

BEGIN:VCARD
N:Iannarelli;Peter