Re: Problem with installing Debian

I had a similar problem trying to install Debian 2.0 on my machine at
work.  Many Maxtor hard drives come with their own BIOS program that
takes control of the computer away from the ROM BIOS.  This is done
mainly to allow older BIOS's to see the full capacity of larger hard
drives, but it may be interfering with debian's installation.  If you
have this BIOS program installed, you might want to try removing it
before installing debian.

Good Luck -
Steve