Re: CAP and linux

On Sat, Jul 04, 1998 at 12:00:01AM -0400, Ossama Othman wrote:
> Try the netatalk package instead of CAP.  I've been using it for over a
> month now and haven't had any problems.  You will need to enable support
> Appletalk DDP in the kernel or as a module.

I've had a few problems. Once it appeared to die, and when I did
/etc/init.d/netatalk stop it couldn't unregister some items,
and /etc/init.d/netatalk start failed after that. I had to rmmod
appletalk and insert it again. Also the appletalk module gives
me "no dependency information" when I modprobe it in 2.0.34.

When it does run it works okay though. A bit slow but that is
Appletalk for you I gather.

Hamish