RE: ran autoup, need deselect clarification

Thanx for the fast reply.

Are you saying that if I just do ACCESS, UPDATE, and INSTALL it may add
packages that I don't already have and that this is dangerous? And that if I
run SELECT I can check out what is proposed and eliminate unecessary
packages from the install?

Or in other words, I can SELECT to be sure that I only upgrade and
"solidify" the upgrade with the minimum packages before adding any more
packages, but once this is done I can add whatever?

I'm not realy confident that I would be able to identify which packages are
unecessary so unless it is realy dangerous, I'm inclined to just run ACCESS,
UPDATE, and INSTALL if you think that's OK. Although I've been using Debian
since 1.2 I still feel a little on the whole package methods.

Thanx again,

Ed

Ed Young                           (303)706-5425
ed.young@echostar.com
Software Engineering
Echostar Technology Corporation
Denver, Colorado