Re: path environment under x

Not changing it in the non-login shell script (.bashrc, .cshrc, ...) was your
problem.  When you start X, the shells that run in the xterms aren't login
shells...therefore your path must be set in your non-login shell script.  I have
mine setup so that my path gets set in my non-login script and I have something
like this in my login script:

if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
  source ~/.bashrc
fi