Re: ran autoup, need deselect clarification

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Young, Ed wrote:

> I ran the autoup.sh script on my 1.3.1 system and used the option of having
> the files in the current directory. The script went along and returned some
> errors, but finaly ended successfully at the part where it discusses
> upgrading to frozen via ftp. I believe the errors are normal as the script
> breaks things and then proceeds to fix them. So I think that part went OK.
>
> My question is:
> Now I need to run deselect and upgrade the rest of my packages. I've been
> following this list and I believe that I need to choose:
> directory /debian
> and get:
> dists/frozen/main dists/frozen/non-free dists/frozen/contrib
>
> and then run ONLY:
> ACCESS
> UPDATE
> INSTALL
>
> Without running
> SELECT
>
> In order to install what is necessary for the upgrade. Once that is done, I
> can rerun deselect and install whatever new and exciting stuff I find.
>
> Is this correct?

You might want to run SELECT and take a look at what is proposed for
installation.  I upgraded one system and when I ran dselect it wanted to
install several packages which were not in my bo installation (like both
emacs19 and emacs20).  I wouldn't recommend adding anything additional at
this step, however.

Bob

----