Re: KDE problems

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Nick Gilliam wrote:

> How is KDE started?  I would really like to give it a try.

The last line of ~/.xinitrc (or .xsession,  if you use xdm) is probably
something like

exec fvwm95

find the "startkde" command (via locate or whereis or whatever) and change
the above to

exec startkde

alternatively,  you could add a whole mess of lines:

kfm&
kpanel&
kbackgroundwm&
exec kwm

but that's pretty much what's in the startkde script.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |