Re: changing/adding/using fonts and ttfonts

Hi Micha,

On Thu, Jul 02, 1998 at 04:37:12AM -0700, Micha Feigin wrote:
> also How do I use fonts. Change the fonts deferent programs use
> (especially xterm),

You can specify this through the X resources mechanism, e.g. by putting
XTerm*VT100*font: -misc-fixed-*-*-*-*-13-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1
in my ~/.Xdefaults, I get xterm to use that as the default font.

> and if anyone knows if there is an editor, or/and preferable an atachment
> to xemacs that i can make work from right to left (I also need to be able
> to set the font to an hebrew one)

I'm not an emacs user. The editor I use (vim) has support for Hebrew (see
:help hebrew). I assume that MULE (the ?Muti-Lingual Emacs Extension?) has
support for Hebrew; check out the xemacs20-mule package.

> Also, How do I work in tetex right to left and in an hebrew font.

There is a variant of TeX for use with Hebrew, called TeX-XeT; check the web
for references to it.

If you are interested in extending Debian's internationalisation support,
please consider joining the debian-i18n@lists.debian.org mailing list.

HTH,
Ray
--