Re: Stupid question

-> I'm trying to decide how much of my hard drive to give to the three
-> partitions I plan on making for /, /usr, and /home.  I'm sure this is a
-> really silly question, but I've been reading the ls and tree manpages and
-> can't figure together.  i.e. how much space all the files in /usr and all
-> its subdirectories takes.

du -k;

i personally have 50MB for swap, 150 MB for /var, 400MB for / ans /usr,
other for /home; if I'd add something i's increase / and /usr up to 500 MB
and home up to 1 GB and maybe then /var ...

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NETLAB+ Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz