Re: How to clear screen before login prompt

-> > I've wondered a lot why Debian doesn't use minigetty, but haven't bothered
-> > to install it myself.
->
-> I (and others) have asked for this a few times.  In general too many
-> people complained about changing the status quo.  It is rather easy to
-> change your getty (although you can NOT remove agetty package).  Simply
-> edit your init tab to have mingetty rather than agetty.

just mark getty to be removed and run

dpkg --remove --force-remove-essential

as i did on all my debian machines :)

and I also vote for mingetty being std. package instead of agetty

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NETLAB+ Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz