Is anacron right for me?

Hi all,

I am wondering if anacron is the right package for me?  My primary
concern is the proper execution of the /etc/cron.*/ scripts.  My system
is typically up for 2 or 3 days and then shutdown for maybe 12-24 hrs
and then up for 2 or 3 day, etc. It appears that anacron only checks
and runs the necessary parts when it is started and does nothing after
that.  Were as cron is always checking the time to see if it needs to
execute any commands.  Am I mistaken in anacron's behavior?  What is
the best solution for my uptime schedule?  Should I have a cron job
that executes anacron periodically so it checks the elapsed time since
a job was executed, this seems a bit screwy to me.  What do other with
similar up/down times do with this?

Thanks,

Brian