Re: Powerpoint equiv. for Linux

> Does anybody know whether there is an equivalent for Linux/Unix of the MS
> Powerpoint prog for preparing slides for overhead projector? My wife has
> to use this prog for preparing slides for medical lectures and because of
> it (and a private practice invoicing prog) I have to keep a Windows 95
> partition which, needless to say, I would dearly like to get shot of.

This might not exactly be what you are looking for.  But it might be useful
for some folks.

http://developer.netscape.com:80/docs/technote/javascript/prestemp/prestemp.html

A nice alternative to PowerPoint presentations.  HTML presentation tool
using dynamic HTML.

S.
--
"Oh, Lisa, you and your stories: Bart's a vampire, beer kills brain
  cells.  Now let's go back to that...building...thingie... where