Re: NFS/Network locking available?

On Tue, Jun 30, 1998 at 06:00:41PM +0200, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> No, hamm use the standard Linux 2.0.3x kernel and those kernels have no
> support for NFS locking.
>
> The 2.1.x kernel does have support for NFS locking but is still under
> development.

To use that, in addition to 2.1.x, you need some utilities. These are
packaged as `knfs' and are available in project/experimental.

On Tue, Jun 30, 1998 at 12:08:36PM -0400, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
> > Is network locking supported in hamm?  If so, how do I enable it?
>
> No, not in HAMM.  Or in any Linux distribution I know of.  Some folks were
> working on adding support for NFS locking but I've lost the URL.

It is described at http://www.linuxhq.com/pgmup21.html .

HTH,
Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch