Re: libX11.a?

On Tue, Jun 30, 1998 at 07:01:48PM -0700, Ian Eure wrote:
> Hey... I'm not seeing libX11.a anywhere... It's needed to compile X client
> bins,

No. It is only needed to compile _static_ X client binaries. Unless you have
special needs, the dynamic library (/usr/X11R6/libX11.so) suffices. Simply
compile -lX11 .

> and it is not a part of the xlib6g-dev package... anyone know where it's
> gone off to?

It's always been in a separate package. In the libc6 case, xslibg.

HTH,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks