Re: how to set up headless machine?

On Thu, May 07, 1998 at 03:43:21PM -0400, Ossama Othman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7 May 1998, Truxton King Fulton II wrote:
> > The newer linux kernels do "serial console" if no video card is
> > detected.  This is a kernel configuration option -- get a new 2.1
> > kernel and compile it.
>
> Some people can't afford to take a chance on a development kernel,
> especially if system stability and/or data corruption is an issue.  Just
> an observation.  :)

I'm not sure I understand what is required but the lilo doc,
Manual.txt.gz, in the "Global" options section
(/usr/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz) seems to have a relevant passage:

  SERIAL=<parameters>  enables control from a serial line. The specified
  serial port is initialized and LILO is accepting input from it and from

  jkern@klis.com   Jack Kern   Yarmouth, Nova Scotia   Debian GNU/Linux i386