Program do not fit in a window

After reading several manual pages, howtos and so on it looks like I
am still missing something:

I have XFree86 3.3.2 running with Fvwm2 and there are several
programs (Acrobat Reader, Pcb,...) that does not fit in the screen.

For example, when I set the options to compile a new kernel with
"make xconfig", I cannot acess all the options because the window
does not fit the screen. (Of course there is the option to move the
window but it is annoying)

How can I set a default to make every window fit the screen size so
that I can reach every options of the program?

Thanks for your help.

Sergio Orsatti
Brazil