Re: which xwindows should I use

I assume the question is "which server in the list do I choose".  If so
the answer is usually XF86_SVGA.  This supports most video cards.  The
other servers are designed for specific cards.  If you have one of these
cards, then use one of the other servers.  To better help, give us the
kind of video card you have.  Who makes it?  What model/version is it?
How old is it?

If you mean which X as in Xfree or accelX or what not -- stick to
Xfree86.  You are supporting what Debian stands for (open software) and
you save your self a bundle of cash.  The only real choice is accelX or
XFree86.

XFree <= open, free
accelX <= closed, $100 or more.