Re: What libs to use ???

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Mario Filipe wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is not really a debian problem, but i think that the people here can help
> me.
>
> I need to create a program that shows how much of it's task has been done (in
> percentage maybe) and what is it doing currently. I could display this with
> printf's but that would create a scroll effect that i do not want. So my
> question is if there is any library (for C) that allowa's me to display the
> whole thing on the same place, without the scrolling efect. I thought that
> maybe readline or (n)curses would do! I would also apreciate if you could point
> to the docs of the librarys that you reccomend.
>
> Thank you and sorry for the off-topic question, and please cc directly to me.
> Thanks!

I don't know how to do this, but 'ftformat' from the ftape-<something>
package uses something like this to tell the user which track it is
formatting. 'ldd ftformat' shows that it uses only libc.so.6 and
ld-linux.so.2 , so I guess standard C can do this for you. You could try
printing a backspace (^H) and no newline (LF).

Remco