Re: an exim expert, please REPOST

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Marco Frattola wrote:

> This rule doesn't seem to work. I read this (but I'm surely wrong)
>
> for every addr, if the To: header matches "my.net", let it go, else go with
> my.isp
>
> The effect of the above rule is that all mail except local have rewritten
> headers. It looks to me that the problem is with $h_to:
> Can somebody shed some light on what I'm doing wrong, or suggest a better
> approach?
> Thanks
>
> PS: I think exim should become debian default MTA.

Have you tried asking this question on the Exim mailing list? It might
have already been asked there and answered in the past.  Have a look at
the archives at www.exim.org and follow the links to the mailing list
archives and sort by subject then search on rewrite.  If you can find
nothing, subscribe to the mailing list and ask.  It is a VERY good list
and the author is generally very active and very helpful there.

If I have the time later, I might have a look at the rewrite docs and try
to figure out a fix for you but I can not promise.  Your best bet is their
mailing list, it is a great resource.

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.