wu-ftpd-academ package disables itself

hamm system current as of this afternoon :)

I installed wu-ftpd-academ, oh, two versions ago.  At that time it
disabled the "stock" ftpd, wu-ftpd, and itself!  I edited my
/etc/inetd.conf and removed the two unused lines (perhaps this is the
problem)

At any rate, the past two upgrades of wu-ftpd-academ have resulted in
the ftpd service being disabled in /etc/inetd.conf (with a comment like
"#<off>#)  Why would it do that, if it's the only ftp daemon installed?

Color me confused,

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104

PS hamm is, overall, running like a champ.  One of our hamm machines
receives a full news feed, and performance is great.  A few minor
glitches, but this is INN ...