Help! Liunx messes with date for DOS

	I am getting my system up, new kernel compiled mouse etc. all coming
together, but I now notice a quite annoying problem.  Last week I go all
sorts of errors from some of my (DOS) programs talking about things being
changed before last use etc.  I just happen to glance at my clock and it
says its 2/8/99!  I fixed it, but today I noticed after starting up DOS,
that the date was 2/19/98, right year and day, but the month was off.  What
gives?????
OH, I do remember telling Linux that I did not, and did not want to have,
my clock set to GMT, that it was local time.  How is Linux changing my date
/ time, and why?  It doesn't seem to happen every time, mabey only after
running dselect and installing stuff?  not sure I have only noticed it a
few times, usually because some software complained or I happened to look
at the clock and notice the error.

	any ideas?

	Ken