Re: finding leftovers

Marcus Brinkmann writes:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 02:31:40PM -0700, Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:
>> Marcus Brinkmann writes:

>> > Sure. The directory is not empty when xemacs will be purged, because the
>> > conffiles are still in it. *After* this the conffiles will be deleted, but
>> > the directories remain.
>>
>> > Only directories should be left over, and they are not doing much harm.
>>
>> So you're saying debian, by project, leaves directories behind? Too
>> bad :^< Not that they are so evil, or take too much space, but as sure
>> as it can be, it's not the "Right Thing To Do (tm)"...

> ONLY when in the directory a conffile was. This is because we differentiate
> between removing and purging. Removing does keep the conffiles (this is
> logged and good because you keep your configuration). If you want to get rid
> of the conf files, you purge the package, but then no directory clean up is
> done.

> Normally, all directories that are not needed anymore are removed.

> In this special case, they are not.

Thanks for the explanation.

Since we're talking about leftovers, these messages are, AFAIK, due to
leftovers from some packages, and they are not directories.

Can you tell me how to get rid of them? They appear in some "dpkg -i"
commands...

ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/i486-linuxaout/libdb.so.1 (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libext2fs.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libe2p.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libuuid.so (No such file or directory), skipping

Thanks.

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com