Re: [OFF TOPIC] Linus Torvalds, the man of the century

Hi,
>>"Orn" == Orn E Hansen <oehansen@nettaxi.com> writes:

Orn> Þann 12-Apr-98 skrifar Manoj Srivastava:
>>  Frankly, most of us have sense enough not to tell people how their
>> vbotes are wrong. It is one thing to campaign for a candidate, and
>> urge and suggest where to cast ones vote, and it is quite another
>> to say your votes are silly and must be cast in another fashin.
>>
Orn> What on earth do you think, that all the political campaigns are
Orn> all about? And does the ideology of political party's escape the
Orn> immense density of your brain...

	Yuo have evidently never been part of a political
 campaign. Telling your constituency that theeir votes are silly
 rarely leads to a sanguine situation. However, in light of your self
 confessed problems, this is probably too subtle a concept to grasp.

Orn> People all around you, are telling you whom to vote.  Because
Orn> voting is not about the person on the ballad, but the cause the
Orn> person stands for, or DOESN'T stand for. And everywhere around
Orn> you, people are trying to tell you how to vote.  They're trying
Orn> to *show* you the truth about the new world order, or the reason
Orn> why a new world order is needed, to sublimically tell you *HOW*
Orn> to vote.  By trying to get you to belive that THEY are YOUR
Orn> PEOPlE IN THE SENATE.

Orn> And... more to the point, when people are in the opposition, not
Orn> to mention when they are spread around in small oposition groups.
Orn> They often get together to compare notes, and *ask* their
Orn> political members *not* to vote in a certain way... or to vote in
Orn> another way, for the purpose of their political gain, or others
Orn> loss.  Depending on their "winning" or losing position.

Orn> All over the world, people are _being_told_ how to vote.

	All over the world, people are doing all kinds of nasty and
 silly things. Just because people shoot each other all over the world
 is not a case in favour of shooting people out of hand.

	However, I have now added you to my kill file, so please,
 continue doing whatever you were doing here.

	Have a nice life.

	manoj

--
 "Most of the evils of life arise from man's being unable to sit still
 in a room." Blaise Pascal