Re: Debian 2, What will it Have

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> > I am sorry, but I think that my correction is important: XFree86 will
> > remain under old BSD-like license, NOT GPL. Making XFree86 GPL'ed would cause
> > a majot disaster for Linux.

I also think that for all practical purposes, the difference between the
licenses are irrelevant. The point being that with either, a person can
distribute a Debian CDROM and charge money for it or create their own
distribution with X and charge money for the distribution. As for the
religious dispute of BSD vs. GPL, I see it as splitting hairs and not
important enough to attract the attention of those that have more pressing
matters to tend to.

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org