Re: Graphic card installation : 3D Emotion

Hi Ramon,

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Ramon Olivella wrote:

> In order to configure a graphic card under Debian 1.3.1 it doesn't appear in
> the drivers
> installation list.
> These are my technical specifications :
>       Manufacturer : California Graphics
>       Model           : 3D  Emotion
>      Chipset          : Hawk Real 3 D
>       Graphic chipset : 3Dfx Voodoo Rush
>      Accelerator : Alliance Semiconductor's 128-bit ProMotion AT25 PC
>      RAMDAC : 190 Mhz
>
> Where can I find a driver for this card ?
> Thank you in advance

I too have a card with the Voodoo Rush chipset, an Intergraph Intense 3D
Voodoo.  The Xserver/driver that you want is in the latest XF86_SVGA
server, i.e. in XF86 3.3.2.  I'm not sure if that is available as a bo set
of packages.  If it isn't just download the Linux_ix86 XF86-3.3.2 binaries
(not the glibc ones) from any XF86 mirror.  The glibc XF86 binaries are
for Linux libc6/glibc2, not Linux libc5 which is what is normally found on
bo systems (Debian 1.3.1) such as yours.

By the way, IIRC the 3Dfx Glide libraries have also been ported to Linux!
Have fun!  :)

-Ossama