Re: Installing debian

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Edward Christopher Kern wrote:

[ snip problem ]

: The details:  IBM 486/50  8 MB RAM, 212 MB SCSI HDD.  Currently DOS,
: attempting debian.

Not to be a smartass, but I suspect you've left out a few details.  For
example, is this an MCA or ISA machine?  If it's MCA, you'll need to
roll a new kernel for the boot disk that includes the IBM SCSI HBA
driver.

The boot kernel does include MCA by default, but doesn't include that
particular SCSI HBA - I'm not sure why.  If you have a Model 90, this is
probably the problem.

If you need an MCA/IBM SCSI kernel for a boot disk, let me know, and
I'll send you mine.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104