Re: genclass, C++ and the new (GNU?) egcs stuff

On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 03:45:14AM -0300, Kevin M.Bealer wrote:
> I have been using the old G++ for some time and recently found that
> upgrading has caused the genclass script, String library, and other GNU
> stuff to disappear.  Is there a package I am missing? Do I need to switch
> over to the STL?

libg++.README from the GNU sites:
:You may have noticed that the libg++ distribution is much smaller than it
:used to be.  This is intentional: as of 2.8.0, the supported parts of
:libg++ have been split off into the libstdc++ distribution instead.
:
:The remainder of libg++ is only an add-on, and is provided only for
:backward compatibility; new programs should avoid using the classes defined
:in libg++.  This package is considered obsolete and is no longer being
:developed.

We don't have a package for the remaining libg++ (currently at 2.8.1.1).
Joost, will you make a package out of this? If not, it should be in wnpp.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.