Re: x is dead - non-free

On 4 Apr 1998 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> It is the *next* release of X that will be non-free.  The present release
> will remain free and remain available, and XFree86 will continue to
> maintain and support it.

Stop!  XFree will ALWAYS be free.  It will continue to evolve in future
releases. XFree might diverge over time from OpenGroup's X but if more
systems use XFree than OpenGroup's X they become moot.

I think you will realize that OpenGroup has simply shot themselves in the
foot bigtime.

> And will continue to be.  X is *not* going to be removed from Debian.
> --

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org