Re: HP Deskjet 672C

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> Matt Thompson wrote:
>
> > This printer is exactly the same as the HP 660 repackaged with a different
> > model number (I know this for a fact because I work for Mac/PC Zone :) ).
> > Make sure to install the gs or gs-alladin and magicfilter packages and
> > choose the 'dj550c' filter when prompted.
>
> Matt - I asked this question on the list awhile ago but got no response.
> Hope you don't mind me asking you directly...

Not at all. :)

> My wife has an HP DJ722c attached to her Win95 machine. Through samba
> (and magicfilter and ghostscript's dj550c) I can print plain text and
> postscript (from Netscape) to her printer.
>
> When I tell Netscape to print color, nothing prints.
>
> Any ideas? The 722c doc says it's a windows-only printer, but since the
> greyscale works I'm hoping that color might work too.
>
> --
> ...RickM...

Sorry, I don't have any experience with this printer, although I'm
familiar with it. :(  I don't know who it is, but you might try emailing
either the maintainer of the magicfilter package, or the original author.

We really should start an emailing campaign to get a printer manufacturer
to support Linux.  We may not spend money on software, but we sure are new
hardware junkies. :)

Matt