RE: xmgr statically linked against motif?

On 03-Apr-98 Jens Lisner wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I noticed that some packages like xmgr are dynamical linked against
> lesstif. Work isn't very easy with xmgr and lesstif, it's not much
> stable and it's buggy i think. So is it possible to make such packages
> statically linked against motif (like ddd-static). I would recompile it,
> but i do not have motif.

Well, the bigger problem that xmgr has is that with the new lesstif (>0.82) it
take ages to display the gadgets. I don't know why.

For the statically linked version look directly for the binary distribution.
Search for it in ftpsearch. If you don't find it I'll give some addresses.

But yes, it would be a good thing to have a debain package with the static
version.

Regards,
Cesar Talon <cesar.talon@uam.es>
Laboratorio de Bajas Temperaturas