Re: Banco de Dados

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Jonas Bofjall wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Anthony Fok wrote:
>
> > > I'm afraid about PostGreeSQL because it's not 100% ANSI SQL. We'll run
> >
> > PostgreSQL is as close to ANSI SQL 92 as you can get, and it is still
>
> You might want to check out mySQL too. I do not know of its functionality
> but I've heard some good things. I think they have a web server on
> www.mysql.org.

Mysql is www.tcx.se.

As I understand the essential difference is as follows:

PostgreSQL is a genuine attempt to produce an SQL/92 RDBMS.  [Some would
say misguided].

MySQL doesn't try very hard to be SQL92 conformant, but is *very* fast
indeed.  It doesn't do transactions (but has a custom locking syntax which
is faster....), but does fast joins..

YMMV.  Go read about them ;)_

Jules