Fat 32 and Linux.

Currently I am using Windows 95 OSR2 with fat32 enabled. I do have the utility
that will allow Windows 95 to read the Linux partition and it works great.

My question, I have been trying to set up the Debian version of Linux (kernel
1.30 I think) to read the fat32 partition. I have configured the drivers for
this about four times with the same results. When it gets to vfat, it hangs.
Before this it would say that it couldn't recognize the partition. Here's my
current config;

hda1  Windows 95  (0b)

hdb5  Windows 95  (0c) (I think I need to change this one and one other to ob
as well)
hdb6  Linux            (73)
hdb7   Windows 95  (0c)

I have a p120 with 16 megs of ram. Any help would be appreciated.