Problems with AccelX4.1 / Debian 2.0 [frozen]

Hello;

I had Debian 2.0 frozen running just fine with XFree and my ATI Mach64
card.  I recently purchased a Diamond FireGL1000Pro card and AccelX 4.1
which supports this card.  Upon doing a "Minimal Install" of AccelX,
I cannot run X at all.  When I type startx, I get some "symbol not
found" errors.  Unfortunately, I am not at home so I cannot list
the exact errors (will do so later), but I wonder if anyone has
encountered these problems or know of a possible solution.  My suspicion
is that it is libc6 related or something.

Any clues into this are much appreciated,

Regards,
Vaibhav Goel