Re: non-free software

Bob Hilliard wrote (really):

>      You ("E.L. Meijer \(Eric\)" <tgakem@sg10.chem.tue.nl>" wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Bob Hilliard wrote:
>
>      Although my response to King Lee <king@ultrix6.cs.csubak.edu>
> started this thread, the quotation you attribute to me was not written
> by me.  I believe, but am not sure, that it was written by Mr. Lee.

Oops.  Sorry, I usually try to count the right number of >>.  Mybe I
went wrong, but maybe the problem arose because some people use a
non-standard way to differentiate between quoted text and new text (I
think I saw someone indenting his _own_ text).  This makes it very
difficult to retrace who was saying what once the thread gets a bit
longer.

So hereby I'd like to ask to everyone on the list to indicate quoted
text by one extra column of '>' (or ':' if you like) to the left of the
text.  It's a practical thing, not aesthetics.

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032