Re: rumba package?

Rumba is kind od the opposite of Samba ... sort of like smbfs.

It allows a Linux machine to mount Windows shares, print to windows
printers, etc.

It is originally written for NeXT and also compiles on Linux.  Look around
in the NeXT announce newsgroups for the location of the NeXT main ftp
archive servers, and you will find it there.

It is good software to have if you have linux client machines in a
mainly Windows network. It is designed as a WIndows client not server.

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 10:26:14PM -0500, dpk wrote:
> > I belive he is looking/needing the software package 'rumba'.
>
> This names sounds like a tragedy about to happen. If I recall correctly
> (and quite possibly not), I saw a package called Rumba running
> on OS/2 in an AS/400 environment. I don't remember exactly what it did,
> but the function is probably close enough to what the other rumba
> does for this to be problematic.
>
> hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt, hamish@debian.org, hamish@rising.com.au, hmoffatt@mail.com
> Latest Debian packages at ftp://ftp.rising.com.au/pub/hamish. PGP#EFA6B9D5

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org